This project is read-only.

Feedback...

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:02 AM

I use this app to generate a simple table of all the work items done since the last release and also make a detailed report for code review. In TFS I set the build quality of each deployed build to 'released', when I do a new deploy I just open up TFS and get the last changeset number for the most recent release and run your program to generate the Release notes. I then mark my new build as released and retain it.

It would be handy if your program could cross reference the builds and even better if it could filter based on build quality. Hence only show me Changesets that are on builds marked 'released'.

Also, I have to swap the xslt file in the program directory to generate a brief summary then a detailed report, would be nice if the program could list all the xslt files it can find and allow me to select the one i want.

Lastly, if it could do all that magically from the command prompt, I could script it all as part of a release.

Dec 13, 2012 at 9:04 AM

lol. Just realised this is open source, I'll do it myself and post the changes. :)

Marked as answer by Dharmesh_Shah on 10/15/2013 at 4:37 AM
Coordinator
Dec 19, 2012 at 8:39 AM

Hi Ruairiau,

Thanks for some good feedback and we will surely look into prioritizing what you have asked for. In the mean time, if you develop any code that you would like to submit then please do write to us via this Discussion forum and we can look into integrating your changes into future release(s) of TFS ChangeLog. 

I'm glad that this application is helping you out in your release process. 

Best Regards,

Dharmesh Shah.

Marked as answer by Dharmesh_Shah on 10/15/2013 at 4:37 AM