Command line returns branch not found

Feb 28, 2013 at 3:57 AM
Edited Feb 28, 2013 at 4:01 AM
I tried to use the UI tool but it only outputs the last change list in the list to the xml file. I then tried to use the command line with config file but get

Generating Branch List from TFS ... Please Wait ... ... ...
Generating ChangeSet information from TFS ... Please Wait ... ... ...
Generating Change Log / Release Notes from TFS ... Please Wait ... ... ...

Unhandled Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client.Changeset.get_WorkItems()
at TFSChangeLog.Operations.Services.GenerateReleaseNotesService.GenerateRelaseNotes(MainWindowViewModel m_ViewModel)
at TFSChangeLogCL.TFSChangeLogMain.ProduceTFSChangeLog(String tfsChangeLogConfig, MainWindowViewModel m_viewModel)
at TFSChangeLogCL.TFSChangeLogMain.Main(String[] args)
Feb 28, 2013 at 7:31 PM
figured it out. Had to install VS 2010 in order to copy the dlls needed by this program from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\ReferenceAssemblies\v2.0
Marked as answer by Dharmesh_Shah on 10/15/2013 at 4:36 AM
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2013 at 8:05 AM
Hi,

I was trying to dig in to this problem but with limited information it was difficult for me to get back to you quickly enough. I appreciate you sharing solution for the issue that you had encountered.

Best Regards,
Dharmesh Shah.
Apr 15, 2013 at 12:06 PM
Hi Dharmesh,

Even i getting the same "Branch not found" error with the command line tool, UI works fine. I tried copying the dlls as mentioned by Ksauce, but still the same issue with the command line.

I am using TFS2010 on windows 2008 R2 SP1 server.

Please let me know if you need any other information for analysis.

Thanks!
Feb 25, 2014 at 11:55 AM
arvindbraju wrote:
Hi Dharmesh,

Even i getting the same "Branch not found" error with the command line tool, UI works fine. I tried copying the dlls as mentioned by Ksauce, but still the same issue with the command line.

I am using TFS2010 on windows 2008 R2 SP1 server.

Please let me know if you need any other information for analysis.

Thanks!
I am experiencing the same issue. I am adding the same path in the <branchpath> in the TFSCHangeLogConfig.xml as is displayed when I am using the GUI version, but still getting "branch not found"