This project is read-only.

App isn't working - looks like missing files?

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM
Edited Oct 3, 2013 at 8:26 PM
Hi - so I installed the latest version today on my system and whenever I clicked on the Connect to TFS button within the GUI, the app would crash. When I tried to run it from the command line without any parameters, I seee that it looks for the config file - but a base config file isn't found nor is one created on launch.

Seems like something is missing here...

[EDIT] - My setup is Windows 7 (64 bit), running Visual Studio 2012.
Coordinator
Oct 15, 2013 at 8:22 AM
Hi,

There was a bug in our MSI Package that was shipped out at version 1.0.1.0. Somehow our build process skipped including this configuration file. But it’s available for download from within source repository. Following link will take you to the latest configuration file…

http://tfschangelog.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Main/src/TFSChangeLog/TFSChangeLogConfig.xml

You will have to store this configuration file as “TFSChangeLogConfig.xml” in your installation folder of TFS Changelog Application which shall be at “C:\Program Files (x86)\TFSChangeLog\”.

Update necessary details in each element of the XML file and then use it for generating report. You will then have to use command line version that is available at “{Installation Folder}\TFSChangeLogCL.exe” for generating release notes.

I hope this works for you.

Best Regards,
TFS ChangeLog Team.
Sep 16, 2014 at 9:34 AM
Hi Darmesh,

I have exactly same problem, just the difference is that I am on Windows 8.

I did what you have told, but still, the Application crashes when click CONNECT TO TFS.

Also, when using Command line it gave me this error.

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or ass
embly 'Microsoft.TeamFoundation.VersionControl.Client, Version=10.0.0.0, Culture
=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The syste
m cannot find the file specified.
at TFSChangeLogCL.TFSChangeLogMain.ProduceTFSChangeLog(String tfsChangeLogCon
fig, MainWindowViewModel m_viewModel)
at TFSChangeLogCL.TFSChangeLogMain.Main(String[] args)

Also attaching snapshots for your reference. !

Another Image

Regards,